Task 2B - Make a PHOTO ALBUM AND SLIPCASE
Develop design ideas from research and sample bindings and make a landscape photo album with slipcase.
The album must include:
- a minimum of 20 leaves with folded compensation guards
- two tapes and at least two lengths of thread
- rounded spine with French Grooves
- made headbands
- a quarter cloth cover with paper sides
- a lined and cloth covered slipcase
Unit 119: Photograph albums and slipcases
If you can.....
.....then you are ready to complete this task
- Demonstrate competence and proficiency when executing all the techniques from the previous tasks
- Make all the guards the same size
- Make an album that is aesthetically pleasing, feels right in the hand and functions well
- Make a covered slip case that fits your album perfectly
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Make maquettes to try out different design ideas and materials
- Review your work:
- Make sure all the requirements have been met
- What went right?
- What went wrong?
- How could you improve?
Updated to August 2020 requirements